Menu

Anyone familiar with the Geometry concepts or flexbooks on CK12?

I've used CK-12's flexbooks for my own study/review, but not to teach anyone else. As a base-line they are perfect, IMO. You can find videos on Khan if you need extra explanations, and there are dozens of websites for extra math problems (the flexbooks do have exercises, but only a few per lesson).

For Geometry I'd use the second edition version (2 volumes).

I have not had any experience whatsoever but I'm very curious to know more as the charter school my kids just joined uses CK-12 primarily. Personally, when I looked at the website I felt overwhelmed as to "creating" a book. What if I miss key concepts? Or are there books already made you log in for? I was confused but I know it's just me needing some explanation.

My kids will be in Alg 1 and Geometry next year and I really need to know if this program will work for them or if I need to buy them something else. (Thinking Kinetic Books)

If you create an account you will be able to see/download the books that have already been created (by teachers)... those are the ones I use. Some courses/versions even have teacher's editions, and workbooks (biology, for example).

^^ this. We've used CK12 for Biology, Earth Science, Algebra I, and Middle School Math. I will probably use more of their stuff in the future. Go ahead and create an account, download the book that is already made. They are also very good at answering questions and providing the answer keys.

The materials that I have that are CK12 are from *before* the whole Flexbook system, but you can still get pre-made books.

~coffee~