Menu

Latin pronunciation help - quick references for SSL1?

OrganicMom

Outside of getting out the SSL DVD or the Audio CD - is there a quick reference guide with pronunciations for SSL1 lessons and vocabulary? Is it in the Teachers Edition? Or will I have to go through each lesson and write out my own pronunciation guide/reminder as we go?

I know it may be SUPER simple but homeschooling two spirited kids I am having trouble remembering a few words. My daughter is flying ahead of me :) ;) I am focusing on teaching, she is focusing on remembering. :)

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

I agree with listening to the CD. I have no Latin background to fall back on so it was all new to me. Also, you need to decide if you are going to teach ecclesiastical or classical pronunciation - but in either case, the audio CD has tracks for both versions.

Here is a website that may help if you don't have access to the CD.

On the CAP website there is a page (look under Song School Latin) with links to a *FREE* mp3 file of classical or ecclesiastical pronunciation of all the words. It is just a nice, calm adult saying all the words in a nice, calm way. No songs. I found this very helpful when both the kids and I were new to Latin.

Thank you!!! THAT is what I was hoping for!!! Such a big help!