Menu

s/o Should I begin Singapore SE mid year?

SFM

I was reading on another thread about Singapore SE and US. I have been using US but just ordered SE and the next US in 3B for my son. We have been using 3A US and I wanted to compare. Would it not be advisable to begin SE in the middle of doing US? We have completed 3A US and would begin 3B SE....hm?

This is a FAQ on Singapore's site. Here is their answer:

Can we switch from the US Edition to the Standards Edition?

For 1A-2B it is possible to switch from the A book in the U.S. Edition to the B book in the Standards Edition. For levels 3-5, you will need to finish the B books of one level before switching to A book of the next level and not switch mid year. Between levels 5 and 6, it is not advisable to switch editions at all.

So according to their recommendations, you would need to wait until after 3B.

This is a FAQ on Singapore's site. Here is their answer:

Can we switch from the US Edition to the Standards Edition?

For 1A-2B it is possible to switch from the A book in the U.S. Edition to the B book in the Standards Edition. For levels 3-5, you will need to finish the B books of one level before switching to A book of the next level and not switch mid year. Between levels 5 and 6, it is not advisable to switch editions at all.

So according to their recommendations, you would need to wait until after 3B.

Perfect. Thank you.

Good question!! We're in 2a right now, about a week away from being done and I have been debating on moving into 2b Standards Edition. This confirms in for me, I should probably go ahead and do it then. I hate the idea of having to buy something different, but at least now I can sell all of 2b US Edition as a set, all new and unused!