Menu

Art thread got me thinking....

Whew, I had to make play-doh an outside activity!

We also do chalk draw ing out there. I bet bubble painting would be fun.

My dd loves stickers - I have to ration them. She also enjoys glitter glue, which cleans up pretty easily. Sometimes we make sculptures with pipe cleaners.

Its a balance between the size of the mess you are comfortable with and the amount of fun they are having. :-)

I can't wait till my ds is old enough to do wee folk art. So cool!!! Kids will be a little messy with art, but not all kid art has to be messy. Pipe cleaner sculptures were a hit here at that age. Do a dot pens are fun. Good old coloring books are good for fine motor skills. Kumon has some books for young art like cutting, cut and paste, folding, and very basic drawing that I did with my kinders. Also, those gluedots are great for adding google eyes to pom pom caterpillars and aren't nearly as messy as white glue. I am always amazed at what kids will come up with if they just have a little construction paper, tape, crayons, and scissors on their own.