Menu

Can anyone tell me about the Awana T and T (TnT? T&T?) program?

I don't quite know what it is called, but the program after Sparks. Is it similar to Sparks or different? Trying to decide if we are going to continue it next year. Thanks!

Poke around the AWANA website a little- here is the outline of the T&T books: http://awana.org/awana-clubs/tt-ua-outline,default,pg.html

It's similar- I'm guessing how different levels of scout groups are different due to gae/ability but the same because they are part of the same prganization.

Still has game time, memory verses, and lesson time.

Used to be both a Sparks and T&T (Truth & Training) leader. T&T gets a bit more difficult with memory verses, but have the same programming format. We used to separate Sparks from T&T for only the lesson (30 min) time. (Think of it like Sparks lesson is more flannel board-y and primary "1st grade" -- where T&T is lecture/discussion with students bringing a Bible like a upper "4th grade" classroom format) Then gather everyone for group devo time/games/etc.

DD8 is in T&T (truth and training) this year. She enjoys it and looks forward to it each week. This is the first year that she's taken over the sole responsibility of memorizing her verses. She goes through her book (we include it as part of school time) and does the activities and learns the verses. She's doing an excellent job. Just like Sparks, they have handbook time where they recite their verses to the leaders, game time, story time, etc. I know that people are usually on one side of the fence or the other with the AWANA clubs, but I've always been very happy with them. I have 2 AWANA kids this year. DD8 has been in it from the very beginning (our church begins with 4 year old Cubbies). And DD5 started this year with Sparks.