Menu

County Fair for science projects

AdamsFamily

I would love for my kids to participate in a science fair once a year, but where I live that is not possible. We do have a huge county fair. Our fair accepts science projects, and I am thinking of having my kids each complete one to submit. The judges at the fair are most likely not great scientists, and my kids would not be present to answer questions during the judging. So... Is this even worth it? (Outside of the great experience of completing a project.) If we live here when my kids enter high school, will be able to put on a college application that my kid won __ ribbon(s) at our county fair? Mind you, our county is huge and with one school district, the 5th largest in the nation. There maybe hs science fairs in the large city associated with our county, but I have yet to find any. I live in a small town in the same county, but the fair is held a few miles from my home. Thanks for your insight!