Menu

Shout out to those who taught me a new way to prepare chicken!

Seasider

I think Audrey was one, but there were a few others with similar instructions. It was/is a huge hit!

I used chicken tenders, combined equal parts olive oil and butter and pan sauteed them. Each time I varied the spice mix (garlic and Italian seasonings, lemon pepper - I'd like to try pears and ginger - I digress). Kids and dh LOVED it! Better alternative than baking. Now when I do bake it won't be such a redundant meal.

I especially appreciated the encouragement to use the low heat/no peeking method. It actually freed me up to finish other components of the meal (which I was afraid would not happen if I had to nurse chicken sauteing on the stove top - ha, I am easily distracted!).

I did learn that fresh chicken is MUCH better in this method that previously frozen chicken. Even fully thawed, it seems the frozen tenders were too watery and the fatty skin remnants made unappetizing clumps. Leftovers are terrific for quick snack wraps and salads.

Anyway, I didn't want to just tag on to the old thread, but wanted to say THANKS!