Menu

MFW (Adventures and up) and Trail Guide to Learning

bethanyjoy

Has anyone used both of these programs? Did you prefer one over the other? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each? I will have a 2nd grader and a Kindergartner next year. I know my youngest is too young for both of these programs, but I am thinking of combining them in the future and would like my youngest to be able to listen in and do the activities if she wants. I would like a program that requires minimal planning, yet is fun and engaging, too. It seems that both of these programs might provide that, but I don't know which to choose. I would like to teach American history first and I know that both of these programs is structured that way. I would love to do hands-on activities, but if they are not easy and pre-planned they just don't get done here! I've searched the board to find a comparison between these two programs, but I haven't found one. I would love to hear your experiences and/or links to previous threads that would be helpful!

Thanks,

Bethany

I think Adventures sounds more like what you are describing. We did Adventures last year and LOVED IT! We used some of the TG material, just for supplementing my older son, but most of what we did was Adventures. So much fun, hands on when you want/need it to be. We also used some of the Evan Moor pockets.

I think Adventures sounds more like what you are describing. We did Adventures last year and LOVED IT! We used some of the TG material, just for supplementing my older son, but most of what we did was Adventures. So much fun, hands on when you want/need it to be. We also used some of the Evan Moor pockets.

Shannon,

Thank you for telling me about your experiences with MFW. It sounds like a lot of fun! I noticed in your signature that you are also doing FIAR. We have been doing FIAR off and on. Are you combining MFW and FIAR? If so, how are you doing it? Does FIAR add too much to each day? How long does a day of MFW (including LA and math, but not including FIAR) take?

Bethany