Menu

Williamsburg Academcy Online Classes

Look interesting, but also new. I noted that Andrew Pudewa's daughter is a faculty member.

That said, I'm uneasy. Doing online instruction well is very difficult. I've taken graduate-level work in online teaching, teach online professionally, and have taken online classes myself. When it is bad, it is indeed HORRIBLE. Bad online education is worse than bad face-to-face.

I had an online class three years ago that was the very worst class I've ever taken -- many of the links didn't work, the assignments sometimes didn't work, and the professor basically stopped responding to emails a month before the end. I contacted the provider (a state university), and they said that the professor was monitoring the course still, which was a lie. She didn't grade most of my assignments near the end nor my final and gave me an "A."

So yes, look for some feedback. Barring that, I'd wait.

Thanks, G5052.

I too noticed the name you mentioned, as well as the fact that the rest of the staff seems very young. In addition, they use Rosetta Stone for Latin, which isn't what I understand to be a classical approach to Latin.

My only interest was in a class called "Political Literature," but since the school seems so new, I figured that any information about it would be helpful. I was thinking in terms of "Is the class good or not so good?" so I appreciate the reminder that "horrible" is a distinct possibility.