Menu

Fourth Grader - please tell me if this is ok

Mukmuk

DS is testing out WWE4 for the first time. Is this too long for a narration? He's dysgraphic, although the 10 min a day handwriting seems to have had some effect :001_smile: . He was highly resistant to writing till the middle of this year. The only correction I made was to help him spell "paid" (he spelt it as "payed").

Thank you!!

post-59088-0-86115900-1355975578_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for the encouragement, Evanthe and mytwomonkeys!! I'm so glad to hear his handwriting is within the grade 4 level now! He still forgets how to write some capital letters, but I just remind him when he asks. The frequency is diminishing, although it does still happen. About "immediately" - yup - big words are no issue for him. But its the sight words that he doesn't get, and drills don't help either. He just spelt "there" for "their" today. Probably, these are the ebbing signs of an LD that was much worse only 8 mths earlier - even 2-3 months ago, he forgot how to write his name! He's come a long way. Hurray for developmental spurts!!!