Menu

HSITW TT vs AJTL for 1st and 3rd?

ByGrace3

I am looking at using one or the other as a base for US history next year. I am looking to compare the lap booking, notebooking, coloring, and maps specifically. I know the TT CDs have text and projects that AJTL doesn't have, but curious as to the other components which would be a better fit for 1st and 3rd next year.

Anyone familiar with one or both? Thanks!

Personally, based on those ages, TT (TimeTravelers) would be too much for them. It's really an older child's lap booking course. I'd go with AJTL (A Journey Through Learning) as it would be more of an overview. JMO!

Thanks, I was wondering that...I read everything I could find on here and some said some were easier than others...my kids are very crafty and would love the projects, but of the AJTL lap books are easier to do, I can just add projects.

I just don't want to send all that money on the TT CDs and time printing them and them be too much...

What are those acronyms? My kids are those ages and I'm debating Am. History for next year but I have no idea what you're referring to.

HSITW TT= Hmeschool in the Woods Time Traveler CDs

AJTL= A Journey Through Learning-- lapbooks, notebooking pages, maps, coloring pages to go along with Truthquest history.

We have used both and I agree with above poster. HSITW will be over the heads of most 1st and 3rd graders. I used the Civil War CD in a co-op I taught last year for 6th-8th graders and it was good for that age. We also used the Colonial Life and while dd9 tagged along, she was 2nd grade at the time, most was above her head but i was mainly teaching to the older kiddo. We also did the 19th century lapbook with AJTL and they both really enjoyed it! Plenty there but not quite as detailed as the HSITW would be. Perfect for the ages of your kiddos.