Menu

I have made a terrible mistake w/ "cheap Chalkdust". Please advise!

I bought the dvds by Dana Mosely/Cengage and the Elementary and Intermediate Algebra Larson text. Things were going well. We are wrapping up chapter 5 today with the review. She has a 94 ave so far. I realized that 5.4 dvd lesson doesn't cover all that is in the review. Dividing polynomials. The combined dvd 5.4 lesson only covered factoring.

I had been told on the boards that the combined course consisted of ch.1-10 (out of 13 ch.) was Algebra 1. Ch. 4-13 is Algebra 2. NOW WHAT???? Should I just buy from Chalkdust for 2nd semester and trust she hasn't missed out on foundational material. Math is not our strong suit and now I'm panicked that I have ruined her foundation for higher math.

I guess by cheap ckalkdust you are meaning the DVD's sold by the textbook company? I had those for Pre Calculus and had questions. I called Chalkdust and Mr Mosley was very helpful. He even sent me a lesson plan he had made. It did not matter to him that is was not from chalkdust. I think you can buy the CD you need that covers the material from chalkdust. He will know what you need.

Yes, when we were sharing isbns on the boards a couple years ago we called it cheap chalkdust. I found the lesson for synthetic division in the intermediate algebra dvd lesson. This dvd set has elementary algebra, combined and intermediate algebra lessons. The paper pamphlet matches up to the appropriate textbook chapter. 5.4 should be the only error. I'm writing notes on the pamphlet for my son and I next year! Phew.