Menu

digital scrapbooking for girls (their project idea) - how to do this?

momsuz123

My 9 y/o dd and her 9 y/o friend are trying to figure out today what project they can do together. They wrote down about 30 ideas. One that they both want to do is scrapbooking. I have never done digital scrapbooking. I am trying to figure this out and how to somehow make it educational too.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

What about a blog? You can Set it so only invited people can see it, and they can learn about coding, and put up pictures, and write.... You could even assign themed days (like Friday roundup, wordless Wednesday, science Saturday)

I had never thought of that!! I am a very beginner blogger myself - ( I started my blog before I knew anything about Pintererst - I was using most of my blog as a pin board of blogs/sites I liked).

I will look more into this. Thanks.

I got the software from Stampin' Up. It is super easy to use. You can get a free trial, which is how I started. Then I found a ton of super cute free sets and added them to the design folder. Now my girls love getting on the computer and scrapping. We've done 4H projects in there as well, with great results. Although we haven't done it yet, I think it would be great for notebooking as too.

You could use a free software such as Gimp. Or try a service such as SmileBox. If you need ideas for free products, I would suggest shabbyprincess.com. I design digital scrapbook products myself and in my experience SP has some of the best freebies out there. Although there are countless others.

You can search online for companies that do photo books. They will generally have their own software. I've used Walgreens and Picaboo. Walgreens has less flexibility than some but that also makes it easy for a beginner. Walgreens has great sales on photo books too. I haven't used Picaboo for awhile, but as I remember it is more advanced. Sometime Groupon has deals for Picaboo.