Menu

looking for fun ways to keep my daughters art and school work so she has them a keepsake.

bttrflyvld

In my state I don't have to keep a portfolio. I however, would like to so we can have something to look at when the year is done and for my kids to keep. I've seen some portfolio ideas and haven't been sold on an idea yet. What do you all do? Folders, boxes with hanging folders, etc. and how do you put them together? What do you put in yours? Any fun and creative ideas?

My daughter is in Preschool right now and already I have way too much I've kept. 8-) I just can't get myself to throw anything out. And I see this could be problem. lol

I take pictures of important stuff and throw away the original (or let it hang on the fridge for a while to admire, then throw it away).

Granted, I doubt my kids will want to keep most of their school work. I don't miss any of mine. ;)

A friend of mine makes a spiral bound notebook of stuff at the end of the year. She just heads over to Staples and has them bind it.

Take a photo of things you like the most or that provide a representative sample. At the end of the year have it bound as a photo book.

My son also has a blog where we post samples of his work. This way grandparents can see what he is currently doing, it creates a record for us to look back on to see progress (it is amazing to see the progress over just a few months), and it makes me sort the important things as we go along rather than be left with a huge task later.

At the end of the school year I take all dd's work I want to keep, art included, and I get it spiral bound into a book. It has a cover page with school year, grade, a picture of dd and she signs it. There are dividers for each section. Art is placed at the end of the book because it has mixed paper types. Any art page that is a typical size gets placed in its original state, larger projects or 3d projects get photographed and then a full pg photo is placed in the book. There is a pocket page at the back of the bound book for special things to fit in.

We make our own lapbooks rather than downloaded lapbooks. Anything that won't fit into the lapbook is photographed and the photos go in along side maps, narrations, poems, art, charts,etc. I list everything we read and did each day as we go and type it up on on page at the end of the unit and add that to the lapbook too. If anyone asks, "What did you do for ________________?" I can read the title of books and relevant page numbers and see which activities and art projects we did at a glance in the lapbook.

At the end of the school year I take all dd's work I want to keep, art included, and I get it spiral bound into a book. It has a cover page with school year, grade, a picture of dd and she signs it. There are dividers for each section. Art is placed at the end of the book because it has mixed paper types. Any art page that is a typical size gets placed in its original state, larger projects or 3d projects get photographed and then a full pg photo is placed in the book. There is a pocket page at the back of the bound book for special things to fit in.

This is what I am planning on doing this year as well. I am currently putting all of my Dd's work into sheet protectors in subject binders (science, history, and language arts). Any type of art project that is not a typical 8x10 I am storing away. At the end of the year I plan on taking all of it and spiral binding everything that fits. I hadn't figured out what I was going to do with oversized or 3D projects. But I love the idea of photographing them and including the photograph in the spiral bound book. Lots of great ideas, thank you!