Menu

Hopscotch, I have a question about the gift you mentioned you are giving your husband for Christmas.

CindyH in NC

I hope you don't mind but I am very interested in doing something like this ( the hard drive you mentioned in another post ) for my husband for his stocking also. I am clueless as to what I am looking for though. Could you share which hard drive you used and also can this plug right into the vehicle or does it need to run off a laptop or netbook? My dh is so frustrated by scratched cds from the library and I am not having good luck burning cds from Audible. This would be a real surprise for him if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks so much,

Cindy

PS I didn't know if your dh might see this or not so I didn't want to be to specific in the title.

I don't think he's browsing the homeschool boards these days - too busy. But thank you for your discretion - he actually does check in here from time to time out of curiosity (what could possibly be taking up so much of my time?!?!).

Anyhow, I don't have the hard drive yet but what I'm planning on doing is hooking it up to the computer and downloading the Audible Manager onto it (I'm assuming this will work). Then I will transfer the books I think he's interested in. He will have to plug this into his own laptop and transfer the files to his MP3 player whenever he wants to listen to them. I am just giving him a consolidated group of audiobooks that I know he'll enjoy and the manager to assist in downloading and transferring. He has a USB plug in his car that he plugs the MP3 player into to listen to the books through the car speakers.

Why all this trouble? DH and I are living on different continents for the next several months to two years. I've downloaded the audio books here and will transfer them to the hard drive for DH to take back with him after Christmas to listen to driving to and from school.

Your DH will probably need a MP3 player and if his car doesn't have a USB plug, an adapter to run the MP3. In my car I have a tape thingy that I plug into the cassette player that drives the MP3 player. I don't know how it works, it just does. Sansa Clips are good inexpensive players.

I hope this helps!