Menu

n/m

hsmom2011

It depends. Not all scanners can scan a negative, so that may decide for you. I think the negative provides a crisper result but you also need to specify the size of the final photo. Obviously your final photo size needs to be larger than the size of the negative. Also be sure to specify the quality of the final size if you will be printing the digital photos later. You also need to be sure your negative is not backwards, an say mistake to make.

I think it may be easier to scan the photo. You still need to specify the quality of the goal photo. I would choose at least 300 dpi. Also specify if you want an exact size duplicate or if you want an enlargement. You may scan a 3x5 photo and want a 3x5 digital result, or you may want a larger size, maybe a 4x6 size photo. Some size changes require cropping so check that.

A lot will depend on the state of your photos and negatives. If the old photos are yellowed or red, the negatives may be in better shape and provide truer color.