Menu

High school math credit question

Guest 7wonders

Guest 7wonders

I'm wondering if anyone has used 2 - 1/2 credits in different math courses to get 1 full credit. My son has 1/2 credit in geometry from Saxon Alg. 1 & 2. Wondering if he could get 1/2 credit in Trig. to go with it to get his 3rd full math credit.

Has anyone done this?? State requirements simply state 3 math credits....

TIA!

Guest 7wonders

Thanks for responding....He's a senior and way behind where we wanted him to be in math. We'd planned for him to be in Advanced Math this year. However, partly due to a tornado and as well as an online math course that the instructor ditched halfway through, we began this school year in the same place we were the previous year. Math is not his strong point, and is not contemplating anything that would require beyond college algebra in college.

His tutor helping him currently threw the idea out about taking the 1/2 geom. credit from finishing Alg. 2 and then hitting the Trig. sections in addition to what she would need to add in order to give him 1/2 credit for Trig. I feel that he could do better in Trig. than Geom. as well and that also made it sound appealing.

Thx for your 2 cents :)