Menu

SOTW 1 amazon store?

stm4him

Is there anywhere where one can just go and buy the recommended books for SOTW 1 in a few easy clicks or do we have to manually enter them into amazon and buy them that way? I was thinking that SOMEONE must have already put them together in an amazon store one can click through or as a book package but I couldn't find it with a quick google search. I do have the activity guide so I'm not trying to cheat at getting the book list....I just don't want to take the time to go chapter by chapter and type them in....

Thanks!

I went ahead and made my own private wish list on amazon and just titled it SOTW 1. It is only for my use. I am scared to add up the cost even though I was surprised at how many of the books are unavailable/out of print and how many are just pretty expensive (like 30 dollars or more).

I went ahead and made my own private wish list on amazon and just titled it SOTW 1. It is only for my use. I am scared to add up the cost even though I was surprised at how many of the books are unavailable/out of print and how many are just pretty expensive (like 30 dollars or more).

Check out your library system. I found a surprising number of the books through mine. If you want to buy the books, take a look at abebooks.com. There are times when books there are less expensive.

I order them from my library (ILL through the online catalog) as I plan lessons. I wouldn't want to buy all of them - even if I had the money, we probably wouldn't read them all. At least not with a first grader. There are some books that I've picked up from the library, flipped through, and stuck right back in the returns box. I plan to read them when we go through the cycle again.

Anyway, now that I have my little system set up, I find it's working pretty well.

There are a few books that I buy, mostly books of stories or myths.