Menu

Bursitis?

I mentioned in another thread that I recently had an ultrasound and was told I have an inguinal hernia. All along I have been complaining that it is my hip that is really bothering me. It hurts 24/7. I couldn't imagine a hernia causing this much pain in the hip region, but what do I know? I've never had a hernia before.

Yesterday I received the ultrasound results in the mail. I have a 7mm hernia. What?! All this pain in my hip is from a miniscule hernia? Because the report also mentioned a "bursal effusion" as a possibility, I've been reading up on bursitis. This idea seems to fit my pain better. I do plan to contact the doctor Monday and let her know that I'm still in pain after a couple of weeks.

Anyone have experience with bursitis?

Definately talk to the doctor. If you don't feel your doctor has nailed the problem behind your pain, definately persue it further. When you have doubts, get a second opinion. I hear too many tales of misdiagnosis.

Hope you get your answers soon!

Thank you!