Menu

Need gift ideas for dd13 to use to create things with her camera/laptop

She's been fooling around, just making slow motion videos and so on with her camera and laptop and I want to help her expand on that or do something else similar that she can create with the camera and laptop-maybe make movies or edit them or claymation or special effects or something? I don't even know what I'm looking for because I'm not familiar with that medium as a creative tool! The one thing I am getting is this Klutz book-Klutz Tricky Videos

:http://www.amazon.com/Tricky-Video-Complete-Guide-Making/dp/159174623X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353698914&sr=8-1&keywords=klutz+tricky+video

There is another Klutz book about animation and she didn't seem interested in that so I don't think she necessarily wants to get into animation, and it's not just specifically photography she wants, more something creative to do with the camera/laptop.

Thanks for any ideas!

You could get software. Photoshop Elements is good for editing photos, which leads to loads of creative projects. She can use it for digital scrap booking to create her one yearbook or other memories and either print individual pages or have books printed. She can use the same software and digital scrapbooking supplies to create posters, gift cards, and more. She can create screensavers and personalized Facebook cover photos or Nook screensavers. Costco and online printing places will allow her to print calendars, cards, mouse pads, mugs, and even cell phone cases, all of which she can design with her photos and PSE software. The limit is her creativity.

You can go with video editing software like Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere. This will allow her to use a video camera to film and edit her own movies, music videos, vacation or event memories, stop motion, video reports or presentations, etc.