Menu

"The Year I Went to School and Why I Left"

A great article I found today written by a 16yo homeschooler (and very well written IMHO). I remember having some of the same thoughts in highschool when I was deciding between homeschooling and going to public school. It is always nice as homeschool parent to hear high school aged students explain why they like homeschooling. Articles like this always make me feel better about my decision to homeschool my kids.

Thought I would share in case anyone else is interested in reading it.

I agree. I think you either homeschool for 9-12 or go to public school, or private. It is not easy to switch between the two. Ask me I know;). I started full time at public highschool in 11th grade (my own choice). I had only taken a few classes in 9th and 10th at the public school. I was determined to get a high school diploma from the same public high school as my parents had attended, sentimental reasons I guess :tongue_smilie: (they also had a great art program). It took A LOT of work to make up those credits, they did (surprisingly) count some of my home school credits. It is possible to switch, just not easy. And I personally don't recommend switching. I think consistency is best!