Menu

Long shot - home traction machine recs?

I am in traction and a bunch of other therapy for my back. The PT recommended a home traction machine. I'm looking into whether or not ins. will cover one, but that would only be temporary. PT says I could really use one at home to use for years. I started searching online and am overwhelmed. Anyone ever used one or have any experience with them? If not, any good site recs for checking reviews on medical equipment?

I would discuss it with your PT as it may depend on the type of dysfunction you have. (I am a PT, but not up on the current brands) they should be able to give you pros and cons of a few different brands.

Yes they can be useful for a long time though. I miss being in the Out patient department when I could hook myself up on breaks. ;)

I would discuss it with your PT as it may depend on the type of dysfunction you have. (I am a PT, but not up on the current brands) they should be able to give you pros and cons of a few different brands.

Yes they can be useful for a long time though. I miss being in the Out patient department when I could hook myself up on breaks. ;)

Isn't it great? I always heard "traction" and thought horrible, awful things. Now I know that relief is spelled t-r-a-c-t-i-o-n. :)

I will talk to PT. I didn't realize there were different types. Shows how much I know. I appreciate your help.