Menu

Outdoor "Adventure" Party ideas

So every few months we have an outdoor get-together for the boys in our neighborhood. We take all the boys down to the bird sanctuary/small wilderness a block away from us and then come back to our backyard. It is about 20 boys, ages 4-12.

We are having one tonight, and I am in need of some new ideas for activities for the boys! In the past, we have set up a very basic orienteering course with clues to finding the s'mores stuff in the bird sanctuary. We usually do tug of war and some kind of nerd gun target shooting. Also, the boys help build a fire ring from some old bricks we have and help set up the camp fire.

Anyway, it is going to be dark very early tonight so some of our usual activities are out, like target shooting and orienteering. We still plan to do tug of war and the camp fire. Any other ideas??

I can see the boys loving an owl hooting contest. Not so sure about the neighbors.:lol:

LOL--

Not a contest, but a walk to see if you can find an owl. You use a CD of the owl sounds. Here's some info on owls. Maybe you could provide some pellets to dissect and then go look for an owl.

I'd probably stick to games, tho!

LOL--

Not a contest, but a walk to see if you can find an owl. You use a CD of the owl sounds. Here's some info on owls. Maybe you could provide some pellets to dissect and then go look for an owl.

I'd probably stick to games, tho!

Oh, my mistake! That sounds fun. It is a fairly populated bird sanctuary so it could definitely have some owls there. maybe I can download some owl calls on my dh's phone and they can try to lure an owl out.