Menu

Can you get an overdose of B vitamins?

This is what I found in an article on vitamin overdose....." Water soluble vitamins - such as the B group vitamins and vitamin C - cannot be stored by the body to any great extent, so if you take in more than your body needs, they are simply excreted. "

http://www.teengrowth.com/index.cfm?action=info_advice&ID_Advice=4660

http://www.acu-cell.com/bx2.html This one breaks down the side effects of each part of the Vitamin B complex.

Hope these help you.... The health problems seen with a "deficiency" include skin rashes, anemias ("low blood counts") and nerve problems. It is unusual to have problems with an "overdose" where too much of a B vitamin could cause trouble. However, when it happens (rarely!), there could be problems with nerves so that the person would not feel the sense of touch very well or might have pain on the skin of the feet or might have problems keeping their balance when walking.

The health problems seen with a "deficiency" include skin rashes, anemias ("low blood counts") and nerve problems. It is unusual to have problems with an "overdose" where too much of a B vitamin could cause trouble. However, when it happens (rarely!), there could be problems with nerves so that the person would not feel the sense of touch very well or might have pain on the skin of the feet or might have problems keeping their balance when walking.

The health problems seen with a "deficiency" include skin rashes, anemias ("low blood counts") and nerve problems. It is unusual to have problems with an "overdose" where too much of a B vitamin could cause trouble. However, when it happens (rarely!), there could be problems with nerves so that the person would not feel the sense of touch very well or might have pain on the skin of the feet or might have problems keeping their balance when walking.

If you google <vitamin b overdose> you'll find lists of symptoms of toxicity and overdose for B vitamins. So, I get the impression that it's possible, even if not probable.

I think (but don't know for sure) it's possible to overdose with supplements if you consistently take large doses over a period of time. The extra should eventually be excreted, then, when you stop taking it. But I don't have a clue if you could have permanent nerve damage.