Menu

Latin Prep- Not a hit!

NotSoObvious

Ugh! We are almost through the 2nd chapter and I'm thinking of throwing in the towel.

I just don't like how it is set up. I find myself frequently confused. I don't feel like there is enough hand holding for us.

I'm thinking of shelving Latin Prep and switching to Lively Latin. The samples seem a little more straight forward and more engaging for my kiddos. I didn't think I wanted to deal with all the printing, but now I'm thinking it's more our style.

Maybe Latin Prep would be better for 6th or 7th after they have a more gentle introduction??

Any thoughts?

It could be a personality/learning method disconnect.

My dd did not like LP at all. She preferred a more engaging Latin curricula, which for her was Latin for Children. It was a good call on my part to stop using LP - she ended up loving Latin and is now in high school taking Latin 2 with Lukeion (they use Wheelocks). She plans on continuing through Lukeion's AP Latin, and majoring in Classics.

My son did not like LfC, so I started him with Lively Latin for a year. He is an extremely independent worker, and he transitioned easily into LP. He liked it very much.