Menu

Saxon Math 3 Vs Intermediate Math 3 ??

DragonflyAcademy

We are new to the Saxon math program. I didn't realize that "most people" place their child a year ahead in the program. I had wondered why the K book was SOOOO easy.. bumping that kid up to grade 1 tomorrow...

My older two are coming from other math programs. I did administer the placement test for the oldest and placed him in 7/6. It seems easy at this point but he needs the review..He actually loves math now.. which is good!

However, my current 3rd grader came Rod and Staff grade 2 last year.. I didn't think to administer the placement test to her.. figuring that she would place in grade level.. Saxon math for grade 3...

It seems..very easy... granted we are only in week 9 of school, finishing up lesson 30...I flipped ahead and it doesn't look like it gets all that much more difficult.. it seems more grade 2 than grade 3....?

Is intermediate 3 more challenging? I looked at the Scope and Sequence and examples of 5/4 and think that this might be too much of a jump....or should I try 5/4..

I have to purchase either..as I don't have 5/4 on hand nor intermediate 3....I've looked over the sample for I3 and it seems a bit more challenging.. Anyone know?