Menu

Notgrass America the Beautiful

My 7th grader is doing it independently. I slap a post it on the book with the lesson number and which activities I want him to do. I do wish I had time to read it myself.

He is reading the literature, but at a much quicker pace than assigned. You could do the unit in DITHOR than matches the book assigned. You will also have time to fit in a few others since there is no literature scheduled at some points of ATB.

Since you haven't received any other responses, I just want to say that I have been spending a few hours reading this and I LOVE it. It is not my usual method of covering history since we have always used literature based programs, but I love this for a text book approach. I am adding a lot of literature, but I would not drop this in place of just a literature with my 7th grader because it is so interesting. We are spreading it all out over two years. It combined with literature is making for a very interesting study. Plus, it gets him accustomed to a text in an easy, interesting manner.

After reading more of it, I definitely think your 6th grader could do it mostly independently. The text is easy to read, and the activity directions are very clear. Enjoy!