Menu

X-Post Savannah, GA?

Savannah is on our radar for a possible move at the moment. Anyone here from or live in that area? If so, please tell me about it. I've been through Savannah, but I've not stayed for any period of time.

How's the cost of living, community college, homeschool friendliness, etc? Are there areas to avoid while looking for housing?

Nothing's a done deal - yet. I'd rather be prepared than not.

Savannah is on our radar for a possible move at the moment. Anyone here from or live in that area? If so, please tell me about it. I've been through Savannah, but I've not stayed for any period of time.

How's the cost of living, community college, homeschool friendliness, etc? Are there areas to avoid while looking for housing?

Nothing's a done deal - yet. I'd rather be prepared than not.

Hi athomemom,

I lived a short distance from Savannah. It's a beautiful area, absolutely gorgeous even. Cost of living in GA is very low and housing is very affordable. Savannah has some good higher education schools; the Savannah School of Arts (http://www.scad.edu/) is one of the best art schools in the country. There is a wide mix of culture in Savannah compared to other GA southern towns.

Also you will find a thriving large Homeschool environment there with a strong faith flavor. (https://www.google.com/search?aq=f&oq=Savannah+homeschool&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Savannah+homeschool)

GA culture can be extremely friendly and inviting (southern hospitality) and because Savannah is such a tourist town with a mix of people, it is particularly friendly to those who didn't grow up there.

Finally, the food is amazing and you won't find many cities that size that hold such an array of great eateries. Just be aware that you main gain massive delicious weight! Hah!

Good Luck

-John