Menu

Will this year be a repeat?

Remember the huge thread last year about all the back and forth on the phone calls to the College Boards when we were trying to get the access code for our students' PSAT scores? Ugh. Is the code written on the paperwork they get with their test booklet? Not sure what they could do with that number anyway as they were told they couldn't have any paper on their desks, so no way to write it down. Looking for some way to avoid having to wait an extra two weeks or so to get results. If anyone has any suggestions or did something last year which worked, please share! :bigear:

Remember the huge thread last year about all the back and forth on the phone calls to the College Boards when we were trying to get the access code for our students' PSAT scores? Ugh. Is the code written on the paperwork they get with their test booklet? Not sure what they could do with that number anyway as they were told they couldn't have any paper on their desks' date=' so no way to write it down. Looking for some way to avoid having to wait an extra two weeks or so to get results. If anyone has any suggestions or did something last year which worked, please share! :bigear:[/quote']

I THINK I recall a rumor that this year PSAT scores would all be available online without any extra hoops to jump through - similar to SAT scores. However, I don't know if that is reality or my old brain wishful thinking.

I might have a follow up tomorrow if there's anything about it in what we read/say. I didn't hunt through jr's booklet to see if it had anything to say about it.

My oldest has taken the PSAT twice now for practice. The access code has not been listed on the actual test.

In December, the CB has sent an email stating that the scores are availiable online. However, in order to actually see the scores, the student needs the access code.

Both years I have been lucky to reach a cooperative representative at the CB who has provided my son's access code over the phone. I have read of others who called the CB requesting the access code only to be told that they have to wait for the report with the access code to arrive in the mail.

The whole process seems ridiculous.

I THINK I recall a rumor that this year PSAT scores would all be available online without any extra hoops to jump through - similar to SAT scores. However, I don't know if that is reality or my old brain wishful thinking.

I might have a follow up tomorrow if there's anything about it in what we read/say. I didn't hunt through jr's booklet to see if it had anything to say about it.

That's a rumor I'd like to find out is true! Time will tell - I'll join you in wishful thinking. :001_smile:

My oldest has taken the PSAT twice now for practice. The access code has not been listed on the actual test.

In December, the CB has sent an email stating that the scores are availiable online. However, in order to actually see the scores, the student needs the access code.

Both years I have been lucky to reach a cooperative representative at the CB who has provided my son's access code over the phone. I have read of others who called the CB requesting the access code only to be told that they have to wait for the report with the access code to arrive in the mail.

The whole process seems ridiculous.

:iagree:

Wishing the best for all the test takers. :001_smile:

I think you're right that it's AP, but, yesterday when I read the "getting your score" info to the kids it never talked about an access code. It only said they'd be online in Dec and their test books would be returned to them once the school got the score report.

So... I asked our supervisor if anything was different this year. She didn't know.

I guess we'll find out. At this point (with your jogging my AP neurons) I suspect the PSAT won't change, but it is possible they changed both I suppose.

In any event, results won't be available until Dec - which seems really late for a scantron test IMO, but I think that every year. :glare: