Menu

I need some ideas - independent learning activities!

Okay, it's been about 3wk since we've done school. With the darkest days of HG upon us, I haven't been able to do anything in the way of school. I feel like I need to get them doing SOMETHING. I need ideas. Things that are either simple enough for a 12yr old to prep and clean up, or that don't involve prep.

Yes, they could work some in their books, but I know my 12yr old and that won't go over well without me there supervising, correcting, etc. Whatever they do needs to be outside the box and at least somewhat "fun". The stress of all this is taking a huge toll on all of us, and the last thing I want to do is stress the kids out more.

So....ideas of fun things a 7th grader and a kindergartener could do that would also facilitate some learning? Oh, and I know we could do a Netflix documentary, but we've already done that a few times & I'm looking for something a little different?!?

Heifer International has some free educational materials. They come with a (nice) book, some CD-rom stuff, and some other educational stuff.

You could suggest that they look at various historic monuments/sites from around the world via Google Earth; the pictures from there link to other websites where they could learn more.