Menu

Guide to writing fiction for elementary age?

Jayne J

As we are gearing up for NaNoWriMo for the first time, I realize how excited ds is about writing a 'real' story and I am looking for ways to support that. I have been looking for something like the NaNoWriMo workbook, only in a little more depth, to read together but my library only has works aimed at adults or girls (???) and if ds caught a whiff of "writing is for girls" that would be the end of it.

Any suggestions for fiction writing manuals for the elementary (and gender neutral...) crowd? How about for me, to help me learn how to teach it?

Excellent! Thank you! That is just the kind of thing I was looking for.

But, are you feeling well Hunter? It is not vintage, nor out of print, nor mind-bogglingly difficult to learn to teach. :D. Thanks again!

:lol: I really like the Nancy Loewen series. I don't really have time to teach much fiction writing, but when I do carve out some time, this is my favorite curriculum.

I've also looked at this curriculum over and over, but...I cannot figure out what to buy. There seems to be a ton of overlap between books. My confusion always slows me down enough, that I remember I don't have time to teach this.