Menu

Any Free Handwriting Sheets with a "hand" for hand position?

Guest xap

Guest Xapis10

Peterson Handwriting talks about using paper with a left hand drawn on the top of the paper (assuming a right-handed student), to show where the left hand holds the paper etc. Does anyone know of free printables like this online? If not, are there measurements for making your own?

Thanks!

Not free, but there is an Italic handwriting program from the UK that has an arrow at the bottom-right of each page to guide left-handed students in positioning the paper. They used to have samples but I can't see the link now. Still, if you look at the cover page, you will see that arrow.

Basically, you position the paper such that the bottom edge and right edge of the page are at 45 deg angles to your desk edge.

Guest Xapis10

Thanks, that gives the general idea.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to a right-handed child. In Peterson, they have an outline of the left hand at the top of the page where it will hold the paper steady (at the angle of 45 degrees or whatever).

Thanks, that gives the general idea.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to a right-handed child. In Peterson, they have an outline of the left hand at the top of the page where it will hold the paper steady (at the angle of 45 degrees or whatever).

Oops, sorry. I read your post too fast. :tongue_smilie:

But, I guess, you can reverse the idea and position the paper such that the bottom edge and left edge of the page are at 45 deg angles to your desk edge. (Although, for me, it works better to position the paper so that the bottom edge is at a 30 deg angle to the desk.)

Guest Xapis10
Oops, sorry. I read your post too fast. :tongue_smilie:

But, I guess, you can reverse the idea and position the paper such that the bottom edge and left edge of the page are at 45 deg angles to your desk edge. (Although, for me, it works better to position the paper so that the bottom edge is at a 30 deg angle to the desk.)

That's good to hear, because I was thinking 45 degrees might be a bit much. Thanks again :)