Menu

Anyone bought Adobe student/teacher editions?

ThePW

I want to buy Lightroom and they do say that Homeschoolers are eligible

the proof they require is as follows:

Homeschooled students and their teachers: - Dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool2

- Current membership ID to a home school association (for example, the Home School Legal Defense Association)2

- Dated proof of purchase of curriculum for the current academic school year2

I'm not clear on whether they need *all* that information, or just some of it. I don't have a dated copy of a letter of intent to homeschool, we just had to sign a piece of paper and we have no copy.

I can provide proof of the other two requirements though.

Has anyone bought Adobe products as a homeschooler and got the student discount?

Yes, I have. I bought my Photoshop that way several years ago. I would think you could just come up with a letter of intent.

I was pleased with my purchase. Fully functioning, but do keep one thing in mind.... in the future you cannot just "update" your educational version. You have to buy the whole new version over again. If you buy the regular version you can just buy updates in the future, but with the educational versions you can't. Just keep that in mind. For me it really didn't matter.