Menu

SOTW Vol 1 AG - Anyone want to start a hit/fav list?

HejKatt

Hi everyone,

The Activity Guides for SOTW are huge! I know it's not realistic to do every activity, and people have mentioned in different threads some of the activities that went well (mummified chicken/barbie doll/apple activity seems popular :001_smile:).

I was wondering if anyone would like to add their favorites to this thread? Blog links are OK! For example:

Chapter: Chapter 0/Introduction

Activity: Select artifacts from your household to bury/dig up

Notes: I added an element of secrecy - DS and I independently selected items, went to the backyard and buried them in different locations. Next week, he will dig up my patch, and vice versa. The surprise element means he is looking forward to the excavation!

Caveat: We had to soak the soil because the soil here is like clay, and our summers are dry so the soil became impossible to dig. I had to scrape off a good bit of mud off his shoes afterwards, so next week he needs to wear boots.

I have been blogging about our favorite SOTW1 AG projects. I have a label just for SOTW so you can look at just those. We're only on chapter 4 because of a sick week and an extra week of our own ancient Egypt stuff, but we're moving on at a fairly good pace. We're doing the Mummy Chicken this weekend. :D Yesterday we did the "Clay Tablet or Paper: Which Lasts Longer?" project. Our Archeology Dig was also awesome. And I found in a book instructions to make an easy Egyptian wig.

Edited by theYoungerMrsWarde

I have been blogging about our favorite SOTW1 AG projects.

Wow, what an inspiring blog! I hope you don't mind if I link some of your posts here, they are great examples for the rest of us. :)

Introductory chapter: Archaeology Dig

Chapter 2 : Make An Egyptian Wig

Chapter 2: Dress Like an Egyptian

Chapter 3: Sumerian Cuneiform on Clay Tablets

Chapter 3: Hieroglyphs

Chapter 3 : Clay Tablet or Paper

Edited by leeyeewah

Wow, what an inspiring blog! I hope you don't mind if I link some of your posts here, they are great examples for the rest of us. :)

Thank you. :001_smile: The clay tablet or paper scroll is chapter 3 and the Egyptian wig is for chapter 2. I'll fix those blogs so the posts say which chapter. I'm glad you noticed they were missing, thanks!