Menu

Really not liking The Easy Spanish...

Has anyone used this program? Two of my sons started it two weeks ago. It seems very confusing- not at all the well-organized program for the independent learner that I thought it would be. I don't know if it's the approach- I learned Spanish the "traditional" way by conjugating verbs, memorizing vocabulary words, reading, writing and speaking it. This method is...well... foreign to me ;) It seems like all they are doing so far is listening to conversations and phonograms and vocabulary- and then they are expected to write in a journal every day? How? They haven't learned how to conjugate verbs, so how can they write sentences? There hasn't been any instruction on anything yet! I feel like I have to spend quite a bit of time going over things with them when I specifically bought this curriculum designed for students to work on their own. I don't know if I should just stick with it and hope they catch on or scrap it for something more traditional. If anyone has used this, do you have any insight? Thanks.