Menu

Virginia Homeschool Groups

Thank you, all.

Kathleen, does North Stafford mean North Stafford County or is there a North Stafford? I know there is both Stafford and it's in Stafford County. My reason for more open groups is that my experience with many Christian groups is that they are Christian, but you find out that they mean specifically Protestant Christians and are not very open towards Catholics, Orthodox, and others.

Thank you, all.

Kathleen, does North Stafford mean North Stafford County or is there a North Stafford? I know there is both Stafford and it's in Stafford County.

It means North Stafford County. Stafford is just a county - there is no official town - it's kind of weird. I'm not sure why it's that way either. But there are folks in that yahoo group in Prince William and Spotsylvania counties as well - probably some others as well. It's really just a means of getting info out about stuff going on in and around Stafford County. Wow, there were a lot of prepositions in that sentence. :-P

Oh, wow. Okay then! LOL! I had no idea that Stafford was not a town. It's strange then in how people refer to it. My friends have their church "in Stafford" and the parish we are attending is in Stafford County, but just "outside of Stafford". Shoooweee! This is going to take some getting used to :)

Oh, wow. Okay then! LOL! I had no idea that Stafford was not a town. It's strange then in how people refer to it. My friends have their church "in Stafford" and the parish we are attending is in Stafford County, but just "outside of Stafford". Shoooweee! This is going to take some getting used to :)

I've lived here 22 years and I've never gotten used to it, lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stafford,_VA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Census-designated_place

Are you actually located in Stafford County? You might want to sign up for Stafford Alerts - they are email, text message, etc. alerts sent out when there is a traffic, weather, police, or other important incident to report.

https://staffordalert.com/index.php?CCheck=1

I appreciate knowing before I head out the door whether or not I-95 is backed up due to another accident. Also, for news/weather/traffic info, WTOP 103.5 (www.wtop.com) is the best radio station to listen to. They give a weather and traffic report every ten minutes on the 8s.

Somebody's always living with Ginger!:D Isn't she a sweetie?? Hope to see you soon!

So true. I never expected it to be me. Okay, correction, we stayed here once before when our van broke down in VA, dh was on leave from work due to a busted arm/wrist, and it took a month for the guy to fix our vehicle. :lol: Maxi thinks she's my competition for my husband (for those reading, Maxi is a bird).

Edited by mommaduck