Menu

Real Science 4 Kids - Kogs

FYI - I just received my order from RS4K yesterday. I ordered two of the Kogs, history and critical thinking. It looks great. They are correlated with the Chemistry Level 1 program, chapter by chapter.

They also included lesson plans for use with the KOGS. It gives daily lessons for Chem level 1 and each of the six Kogs so that each of the ten chapters of chemistry is spread out over two weeks.

They look excellent and meaty, too. If you have any questions about them let me know.

I'd really like to hear your opinion as you use these! I was just looking at the samples last night. I've been following the other 'science' threads and the critical thinking book looks good, but I'm not sure. (I'm going to get the Historical Connections books from AIMS) I've already bought RS4K Chem 1 so I'm not sure I want to spend so much more money on RS4K unless it's really good.

I'll keep you updated. I'm really happy that they are organized into the identical chapters as the Chem 1 text. For example, chapter 1 in history is on the elements and talks about the history of alchemy and the periodic table. Chapter 1 in Critical THinking is about the atom, and you use what you learn about the atom to examine various statements about the atom. I think it will be good.