Menu

Positive thoughts, please, on this one year 'cr*piversary'................

One year ago today, the Donaldson family lost their beautiful, brighter than bright, twelve year old son, Jack, in a flash flood in Vienna, Virginia.

The link to the thread I posted on 9/14 is below.

Here is a link to Anna, Jack's mom, at 'listen to your mother' blog readings in DC this past Spring. Anna continues to inspire me with her strength, graciousness, and faith.

The youtube videos of all the bloggers who participated went up yesterday -- If you can take the 7 minutes to hear Anna's reading, it is definitely with the time.

My dh just watched this - my kids cannot believe it has been a year AND still cannot believe that Jack is gone. I totally understand why Anna has named this a 'crapiversary.' I thought that Thursday was bad being the actual 'day' in day/week/month time. Today is much worse - I actually don't care how i feel today, I so wish that all positive thoughts, etc be sent to Anna, Tim and Margaret -- I cannot imagine their feelings today.

I would so appreciate it (and many of you have already fb'd me telling me that you are doing this) good thoughts, prayers, blue ribbons, on behalf of the Donaldson family today -- and I know that the Donaldson family cherishes these gestures as well.

Thanks!:grouphug:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=310142&highlight=drowned