Menu

Frivolous Post -- Anyone want to pay $158.92 for a Spelling Workout E?

G5052

I've seen things like that before on the used market of amazon.com and amazon.ca, and it's UNBELIEVABLE that people charge outrageous prices like that!! I mean, I was looking for How Nature Works (which is VERY hard to find, I discovered), and I saw used copies for like $80-90!!!! I managed to snag one for $5, but still...

I don't get why people do that - do others really pay that much for these types of used books??

We've sold kids fiction books for $800 before, but never paperbacks and never textbooks or workbooks.

I can't imagine spending $800 for a kids book, no matter what.

I've seen things like that before on the used market of amazon.com and amazon.ca, and it's UNBELIEVABLE that people charge outrageous prices like that!! I mean, I was looking for How Nature Works (which is VERY hard to find, I discovered), and I saw used copies for like $80-90!!!! I managed to snag one for $5, but still...

I don't get why people do that - do others really pay that much for these types of used books??

I received an email from the seller.

"We list books through a computer system that links to Amazon directly, and all prices are based on the Amazon market value."

He said he doesn't know why the price is so high and he is pulling the books (2 were listed at that price) from his Amazon inventory.

I've never heard of that system. We have 45,000 books listed on Amazon and we set our own prices. It sure explains how some books are so outrageously priced there, though.