Menu

Zaccaro's Real World Algebra

I'm really curious about it, also. When I saw Zaccaro at a conference, it looked like the algebra book was actually easier than the regular challenge math book, which is supposed to be grades 4-8. So i'm wondering if its really more of a preview of algebra, like the grade school algebra that shows up in some curriculum.

I am going pretty free form mixing tons of materials, but i might have to buy both just to figure out which one i want!

I am planning to use it with Life of Fred Beginning Algebra. Some of RW Algebra is well above pre-algebra, but you can pick and choose what suits your child.

Thanks, yeah, I was planning to only use part during Pre-A. I typically like to suppliment from the next level of math while working on the current level. And because this looks so interesting I think it would provide a fun, fresh perspective of Algebra. Djkapp on the HS forum mentioned it requiring a student to have completed quite a bit of pre-algebra first. And that's ok as I plan to introduce it gradually over time, sprinkling it in.