Menu

If you've done Building Thinking Skills...

Gentlemommy

How did you like it?

Do you need/use the TM?

Is it a full curriculum, or did you use it as a supplement?

How often and for how long did you do it?

Anything else you'd like to share??

I got the first book (student) at the used HS sale this year for $1. I figured that was a good enough price, lol. I'm wondering if I should look for the TM, or if I could use it alone. I would be willing to spend $15 or so for the TM, if i can find it, but i dont know how much it adds to the curriculum...We already have curriculum for everything, so I'm hoping to use this as a supplement...however, I am not sure how much time it takes. I know it's for grades 2-4 and since we are just starting 2nd, I could stretch it over the next two years...

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

We do Building Thinking Skills, too. The answers are in the back. What does the TM have in it? I can't imagine the exercises needing more explanation. We do it 4x a week along with Mind Benders. My kids think they're fun and for me these books are a way of them learning something without realizing they're learning something. I'd hesitate to add any sort of "teaching" to it beyond your explanations and helps when they're doing the work.

How did you like it?

Do you need/use the TM?

I actually have all of the teacher manuals but have never used them until this year to check my oldest one's level 3 verbal book.

Is it a full curriculum, or did you use it as a supplement?

We use it as a supplement.

How often and for how long did you do it?

Up to level 2 I stretch it out over 2 years and do it 3 times a week for 5-10 minutes.

HTH