Menu

Is there any way to fix these squeaky floors

We have very squeaky wood floors in our kitchen and ceramic tile in our master bath. There is no way to get to the floor joists from underneath (finished basement and then main floor). Is there any other way to fix it without tearing out the wood or tiles? Or am I doomed to listen to the squeak until we re-do the bathroom?

Probably not, I'm sorry to tell you. :001_unsure: I had a LOT of squeaks that I was able to have tightened up when we had a carpet man pull out the buckles in the carpet, but I still have some squeaks under the hardwood. Usually the location of the squeak is in the underlayment not meeting the joists, so there is a gap between the two. When you step on the gapping area - SQUEAK!

Probably not, I'm sorry to tell you. :001_unsure: I had a LOT of squeaks that I was able to have tightened up when we had a carpet man pull out the buckles in the carpet, but I still have some squeaks under the hardwood. Usually the location of the squeak is in the underlayment not meeting the joists, so there is a gap between the two. When you step on the gapping area - SQUEAK!

This is what I was afraid of, but I figured if anyone know it would be the Hive. :001_smile: