Menu

Auditory Processing deficiency- how to improve?

My DD [11] has a pretty signifigant Auditory Deficiency as well as Working Memory deficiency [score was 77/6th %] Her part-to-whole processing/visual-spatial conceptualization was below average but her processing speed was average.

Given the Auditory / Working memory is weak what are some things I can do to help her strengthen these areas?

ETA: These deficiencies are likely due to her DX of ADHD-I

Edited by my3luvbugs990105

You could have your dd play Bop-it or Simon.

You should do read-alouds or audio-books everyday. If you were to do further testing with an audiologist familiar with auditory processing, you may be able to find out if your dd's processing deficit is primarily on one side, like my dd's is. In that case, you could have your dd listen in the opposite ear with an ear bud to strengthen those connections.

You could have your dd play Bop-it or Simon.

You should do read-alouds or audio-books everyday. If you were to do further testing with an audiologist familiar with auditory processing, you may be able to find out if your dd's processing deficit is primarily on one side, like my dd's is. In that case, you could have your dd listen in the opposite ear with an ear bud to strengthen those connections.

Even though she has a deficit she was not DX with APD. Given she has Attention issues Im wondering how this will strengthen? I will definitly start using Audio Books with her and those games we will have to give those a shot too :) Thanks!

Even though she has a deficit she was not DX with APD. Given she has Attention issues Im wondering how this will strengthen? I will definitly start using Audio Books with her and those games we will have to give those a shot too :) Thanks!

Our audiologist recommended these games in our report to strengthen auditory memory. If it works for APD, it might work for your dd, too. Plus, they can be fun, especially if you play together.

I think there are other games and activities which improve working memory but I don't know much about them, though I really should! ;)

Our audiologist recommended these games in our report to strengthen auditory memory. If it works for APD, it might work for your dd, too. Plus, they can be fun, especially if you play together.

I think there are other games and activities which improve working memory but I don't know much about them, though I really should! ;)

Thanks! We are gonna give them a try.