Menu

Didn't quite finish FLL3...should I start with FLL4?

monalisa

I'm going round & round on grammar for dd9. We didn't quite finish FLL3 (got to lesson 78 or so) because of upheaval of adopting a baby. So now I am going back & forth on FLL or R&S 4 (which I bought at convention). I like R&S better than FLL in many ways, but there is so much writing which DD is going to struggle with (I know I can do it orally, but then why not just do FLL if it is going to be that teacher intensive). I wonder if I should just stick with FLL and switch to R&S or Hake for 5th grade. If I do go with FLL, should I just start the school year fresh with FLL4, or do I need to finish FLL3 with dd first? I don't own FLL4 to compare, but I think I remember there is a lot of review in the beginning. Opinions?

Everything will be reviewed, so I say move forward! :)

That said, I'm not sold on FLL3 & 4 yet...it's all pending DD's test next year. DS did terrible on that section of his CAT, mainly bc there wasn't enough written work on correcting, finding parts of speech, etc. I don't feel like he truly learned/retained from it. This year we didn't do much grammar at all, except Daily Grammar Practice workbook, for a month or two at the end of the year (health issues with my youngest meant we only got through25 lessons of FLL4) and he did amazing.

Edited by truebluexf