Menu

Hooked on French. Yay or nay?

My son did the first level a few years ago. I'm not sure if the versions have changed but I think ours came with 3 levels in the box. He liked it. It had some computer lessons, some of it interactive, and after each computer lesson you are directed to the book which is usually an activity/reading/flashcards done with the parent. I would say it covers the basics in a fun way. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to help if I can remember.

We did the first level of Hooked on Spanish when he was 4 and did all three Hooked on French levels last year. I thought it was a good fun intro for that age. It is mostly vocabulary, though there are a few phrases. It's computer based and an activity you do together. We did the computer lesson on Monday, the activity on Tuesday and then reviewed flash cards the rest of the week (that's where the review comes in. There are nice flash cards for each word taught). If you get the package with all three levels (yellow, red, and blue), it's enough for a school year doing one lesson per week.