Menu

Am. Gov't Supplement for Elections Course?

I'm looking for a supplemental text on the basics of American Government for my son, who is in the 10th grade. He is doing an Elections course in co-op (they are using the Amanda Bennett unit study http://www.unitstudy.com/Elections_Study.html) but I don't know if it's enough to substantiate a half-credit in American Government so I'd like for him to do something along with it to give him the credit. I'm really looking for something simple that just goes over the basics (not pertaining specifically to elections) as they will have assignments each week in the class.

I've looked over several posts on the boards but I haven't found anything that will fit in with what I'm looking for, since most of them are more in-depth courses/texts. Notgrass and American Government: Institutions and Policies are the two I've seen discussed the most, but with our current work-load I'm not sure we can add a complete second course in.

Thanks for any suggestions.