Menu

Tablet Class Math - why have I not heard of this????

Oldest dd has used Saxon up through Algebra 1, but really felt burn out by the end of the year. So in researching other options that include instruction, I came across this math program. I enrolled in the free trial and have to say how much I love it.

His instruction is top notch, includes several problem set worksheets for each chapter, WITH VIDEO WORKING THROUGH EACH PROBLEM!! There are also great monitoring tools for parents that graph out their scores throughout and lets you stay on top of their progress.

Mr. Zimmerman spent a lot of time with me on the phone today walking me through what sequence (Algebra II vs. Geometry) would be best for dd next year and he voiced his admiration of homeschooling families and his decision in recent years to tailor his math products toward homeschooling students.

Just wanted to put out the word and add Tablet Class as a strong player in the high school math realm.

http://www.tabletclass.com/homeschool/overview

ETA: I have not been asked to review this product and I am NOT being compensated:001_smile:

Beck

I could have written your post word for word! Yes, we need to get the word out!

We signed up 2 days ago. Both my older daughters will be taking courses with TabletClass this next year.

EXCELLENT customer service. When I went in and watched some of the instructional videos I can't believe how much I learned!!

Also, don't forget Mr. Zimmerman's math quizzing site. What a great resource! http://homeschoolmathquiz.com/

Give it a try!

Sincerely,

One happy homeschool mom. :001_smile:

I'm interested in taking a look at this, but when I complete the form for a free trial, the welcome email I get in response only has links to choosing a subscription. Did you have to give your credit card information for a trial?

Thanks,

Maura

Instead of using the link, go to the main page and select login in the upper right.

Good luck,

Beck

I never received any login credentials -- No password was emailed to me, as the sign-up indicates.

I just signed up a second time with an alternate email address, and it worked fine. (I'd assume that the first password went to spam, except the follow-up marketing email came through just fine, so...)

• 2 weeks later...

This looks very intriuging indeed. So much so that I emailed the owner and asked about plans for future coursework development for Pre-Calculus and Calculus. He said that he is currently working on Pre-Calculus and targeting sometime next year for it.

The only thing I cannot determine so far is the level of rigor it has, especially compared to other programs such as KineticBooks, AOPS, Math without Borders/Foerster, etc... I know the format is somewhat different. But I am not so concerned with that as I am with level of difficulty and of course longer term results. It seems like there is very little review of this program on the web. The few I have seen here seem favorable. However there is just not much data about it beyond a several 'works great for us' kinds of posts. And unfortunately those can be found with every program from TT to AOPS. :001_huh:

Thanks for any additional input you can provide regarding perceived rigor compared to other programs more are familiar with. Also have you found this to be more spiral or mastery based?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok Beck,

Based on your review I decided to demo it along with KineticBooks. We ended up actually liking TabletClass more. Where KB was weakest in the lack of a soluitons guide TabletClass was the strongest.

The support from the Mr. Zimmerman, the author, along with complete solutions to all the problems is great. He actually walks the students through every problem step by step. Plus the lessons themselves are very well put together and easy to follow.

Thanks for recomending this program. I'm also very surprised fewer peoples seem to know about it or have tried it.

Ok Beck,

Based on your review I decided to demo it along with KineticBooks. We ended up actually liking TabletClass more. Where KB was weakest in the lack of a soluitons guide TabletClass was the strongest.

The support from the Mr. Zimmerman, the author, along with complete solutions to all the problems is great. He actually walks the students through every problem step by step. Plus the lessons themselves are very well put together and easy to follow.

Thanks for recomending this program. I'm also very surprised fewer peoples seem to know about it or have tried it.

Derek, I'm glad you are happy with it! I agree, the solutions alone makes it worth it to me. Dd also says he explanations make more sense to her, and I agree he is a great teacher.

Beck