Jump to content


Need some advice for a friend (insurance related)

Recommended Posts

My friend's husband has a 21 year old son from a previous relationship. He lives with them and attends community college full time. Her DH has ADHD, which was not diagnosed until college. He then got meds and coping strategies from some wonderful counselors at the university he attended. Son very obviously also has ADHD but has not been diagnosed. They would like to get him evaluated so he can qualify for some accommodations at school and also possibly get medicated if it seems that would help.

The problem is, my friend has health insurance through her job. Her DH is self employed and currently has no insurance, and son has none either. So they are trying to figure out a way to get DS an individual policy somewhere before they do the evaluation, but they haven't been able to find any policies that cover mental health.


Any suggestions?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...