Menu

Opinions of Notgrass Exploring Government and Exploring Economics cuuriculum

I'm looking at American Government and Economics programs for high school. Have any of you used Notgrass? How does it compare to Sonlight's government Core 400 program? I would really like your opinon of what you liked and didn't like about Notrass. Thank you.

Edited by Lisa

I'm using Notgrass's US Govt and Economics for the second time this year. I had used Sonlight's Core 100, 300, Core 5 and Brit Lit series in the past, and I considered using their Core 400.

After researching it, using Core 400 in my children's senior year would just be too much reading. They both read a heavy load of Brit Lit for their senior year. I really wanted something more "predictable" for them. With Notgrass they read 4-6 pages a day, answer some questions, have one quiz every 5 lessons, and tests. It's "cut and dry," which is what we all wanted.

My dd used both last year. She liked the government, found the economics dry. However, she stated that it was a good introduction and it got the job done. If it was something she had been interested in, she would have preferred something else for economics ;)

Yvonne in NE