Menu

What do you have on hand for art supplies?

Snowstorm84

Ha Ha

I have multiple art boxes for multiple ages and purposes...

What age is this for?

Is it for independent art work or will you always be working with them?

Do you want a cute finished project or are you more concerned with process, fine motor skills and creativity?

For a supply box that can work as a base for many projects you may find online, and can also stand alone:

Card stocks, construction paper, white and black paper, tissue paper, safety scissors, colored craft tape (I recommend something like this - the adhesives on traditional scotch and duct tapes can frustrate little hands,) glue sticks and liquid glue, geometric stencils, watercolor paints, beeswax crayons, twine, pencils (colored or not), pens (colored or not) and a hole punch.

Cut the papers down to half size if you literally want everything in a small box. I limit access to paper because they will fly through it...

It is also cool to have homemade play dough (cheap, safe, better) and cornstarch around.

Of course none of this is 'necessary' - Kids can be brilliantly creative with a box of crayola, last week's paper and a glue stick, but I find that these supplies give them ample opportunity to explore different media and techniques. Fun stuff!